Strategy Sales Partners is adept at analyzing and clarifying a company’s marketplace positioning and the value proposition of its offerings. We work to understand the particular pressures, both internal and external, that a company faces. We research the cost-effectiveness of its existing selling methodology and pinpoint strengths and weaknesses. Based on the results of these researches, we help design the go-to-market strategy within a current context and ensure all functions and departments, including compensation, are fully aligned and ready to achieve the designated sales objectives.
Strategy Sales Partners works within the framework of the Playing to Win Strategy developed by A.G. Lafley who has led Procter & Gamble for 2 stints and in close partnership with strategic adviser Roger Martin, used to double P&G’s sales, quadruple its profits, and increase its market value by more than $100 billion. In short:
- Strategies are about making choices. To win, companies must choose to do some things and not others.
- Strategy is about increasing the odds for success, not guaranteeing it. It increases confidence in the choices that we make.
- Strategy making combines rigor and creativity. Creativity to generate new possibilities and the rigor to test those hypotheses.
In our process, an organization defines its biggest strategic problem and formulates several strategic possibilities for solving that problem. It then specifies what conditions must be true for each of the possibilities to be a great strategy and tests to what extent those conditions exist in the real world. We ask these 5 questions:
- What is our winning aspiration?
- Where will we play?
- How will we win?
- What capabilities must we have?
- What management systems do we need?